- 2cups fruit- cleaned, peeled, seeded, and chopped(if necessary with larger fruits)
- 2cups vinegar(apple cider works well with most fruits)
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups cups sugar(use granulated)
- Add sugar and equal parts water to a saucepan. Heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add berries or fruit and simmer until the fruit’s juices blends well into the syrup. Mash mixture to extract the most juice from the fruit.
- Let that mixture cool. Strain and discard the solids.
- Add vinegar to the syrup, bottle it all up, and store in the fridge.